skip to Main Content
+91 98 76 58 58 58


Study, Work and Settle in Australia

Standing proud with 8 of the top 100 universities in the world, Australia is much more than just kangaroos. An increasing number of Indian students are opting for Australia to study abroad for its world-class education, post-study work opportunities and excellent quality of living. Whatever course you choose to undertake, you’ll be assured of unbeatable academic excellence and support system for international students.

Benefits of Studying in Australia

  • Comprehensive Practical Study Courses.
  • Thousands of Graduate and Undergraduate Programs.
  • Three Years Bachelor’s Degree Acceptable.
  • Students are allowed to work for 20 hours per week.
  • Post Study Work Permit for up to 2 Years.
  • NO GRE/GMAT for Post graduate studies Required.
  • Permanent Residence options after study.
  • Scholarship available for eligible Candidates.
  • Warm Welcoming Culture of Australia.
  • High Visa Success rate.
  • Multicultural Study and work Environment.

Here’s an overview of the intakes available for different programs in universities and colleges:


Intake Deadline
Semester 1 (February intake) October-November
Semester 2 (July intake) April-May


Indicative study costs for Australian programs


Institution/Degree *Annual fees (indicative)
School $7,800 to $30,000
English language studies $300/ week depending on course length
Vocational Education and Training
(Certificates I to IV, Diploma and Advanced Diploma)
$10,000 to $22,000
Undergraduate Bachelor Degree $18,000 to $33,000*
Postgraduate Master’s Degree $20,000 to $37,000*

Australian education system at a glance


Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF)
The unique factor of the Australian education system is its implementation of Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF), the national policy established in 1995 that specifies the standards of qualifications for the tertiary education sector (higher education, vocational education and training) in addition to the school leaving certificate, called the Senior Secondary Certificate of Education. With AQF, your degree is recognized and authorized by the government.

Under the AQF, there are 10 levels that interconnect various schools, colleges, universities and educational institutions in one single national system. This allows flexibility; choice and better career planning for students to move from one study level to another as long as their student visa requirements are fulfilled.

Study levels in Australia
The education system in Australia is three-tiered with primary, secondary and tertiary levels of education. Here’s an overview of the different levels and qualifications available as per the AQF.


Levels and qualifications as per Australian Qualification Framework (AQF)
Level 1 Certificate I
Level 2 Certificate II
Level 3 Certificate III
Level 4 Certificate IV
Level 5 Diploma
Level 6 Advanced Diploma, , Associate Degree
Level 7 Bachelor Degree
Level 8 Bachelor Honors’ Degree, Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma
Level 9 Master’s Degree
Level 10 Doctoral Degree



Student visa requirements for Australia

Applying for an Australian student visa? Here’s help!

The Australian Government provides an opportunity to all Indian students to study in the country but as a prerequisite, you’ll have to obtain a student visa first. The visa you need will depend on your age, the type of study you want to pursue, and how long you want to stay in Australia. As an international student, you would most commonly require a student (subclass 500) visa, regardless of your field of study.

Student visa (subclass 500)

Coming into effect since July 1, 2016, a student subclass 500 visa lets you stay in Australia for the duration of your study program, which is mostly up to five years. It is important for you to ensure that your visa remains valid and you abide by the conditions as mentioned on your student visa. You can read up in detail about this kind of visa on the Australian Government’s Department of Home Affairs website.

Documents required for an Australian student visa

When applying for your student visa for Australia, you will generally need:

  • Proof of enrollment (your electronic confirmation of enrollment)
  • A valid passport
  • Your visa application fee
  • Your Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) statement
  • Academic and work experience documents
  • Evidence of your English proficiency skills (book your place in the IELTS test)
  • Evidence of financial ability (tuition fees, living expenses, expenses for dependents, return airfare)
  • Details of your health insurance policy (Overseas Student Health Cover )
  • Statement of purpose
  • Passport sized photographs

If you are under 18 years of age, you will also need to provide additional documents such as parental consent.



  • Charles Darwin University
  • CQUniversity Australia
  • University of Southern Queensland
  • University of the Sunshine Coast
  • University of New England
  • Charles Sturt University
  • Edith Cowan University
  • Bond University
  • Swinburne University of Technology
  • RMIT University
  • Australian Catholic University
  • Victoria University
  • University of Tasmania
  • University of Newcastle
  • Deakin University 
  • Western Sydney University
  • University of Canberra
  • University of Technology Sydney
  • Griffith University
  • James Cook University
  • Macquarie University
  • University of Wollongong
  • Curtin University
  • Flinders University
  • La Trobe University
  • University of South Australia
  • Queensland University of Technology
  • The University of Western Australia
  • University of Adelaide
  • Monash University
  • University of New South Wales
  • University of Queensland
  • University of Sydney
  • Australian National University
  • University of Melbourne
  • Melbourne Business School
  • James Cook University – Brisbane
  • Northern Melbourne Institute of TAFE
  • IIBIT Sydney
  • Chisholm Institute
  • Carnegie Mellon University – Australia
  • Cambridge International College
  • Box Hill Institute of TAFE
  • International College of Management, Sydney
  • Polytechnic West
  • Canberra Institute of Technology
  • William Angliss Institute of TAFE
  • North Metropolitan TAFE
  • South West Institute TAFE
  • Edith Cowan College
  • TAFE Queensland East Coast
  • Murdoch Institute of Technology
  • Australian Institute of Technical Training
  • Newcastle International College
  • EIP Group
  • Eynesbury
  • UOW College
  • Australian College of Applied Education
  • South Regional TAFE
  • Murdoch University
  • Southern Cross University




  1. Do Australian institutions accept 10+2+3 education system of India?

Yes, 10+2+3 system is accepted by Australian universities for masters programs.

  1. What and where to study in Australia after 12th?

Australia has 39 universities, 37 out of which are public and two are private. Choosing a program and an institution solely depends on your interests, academic background, and budget. To decide where to study and what to pursue, you can start by creating a list of your interests and skills and spend some time reflecting upon it. Do your research to understand which skill set or interest has a good scope professionally. Narrow down your choices accordingly and search for relevant courses and institutions. You’ll also have to take intakes of your preferred courses into consideration, because not all universities or colleges offer programs in all three intakes. 

  1. What English language tests are acceptable for Australian student visas?

There are five different tests accepted for Australian student visa applications:

  • International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
  • Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE)
  • Occupational English Test (OET)
  • Pearson Test of English (PTE).
  • Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)  
  1. Can I work part-time when I am studying?

Yes, you can work part-time when you are studying. You can work up to 20 hours a week when studying and full-time during vacations. A number of part-time jobs are available in super-markets, restaurants and shopping malls. Students can also check for internships within their respective university itself.

5. Can I invite my partner/family/child as a dependent on my student Visa?


It is possible to add or invite a dependent on your Student Visa, as long as you can prove a minimum of 12-month relationship as a couple or a marriage certificate, or your family ties. Dependents will be linked to your Visa.




For more information don’t hesitate to contact our Experts at +91-98724-04711





Back To Top