What is PTE?
PTE stands for Pearson Test of English. It has two versions: PTE Academic and PTE General. PTE is taken by candidates to test their English reading, writing, listening and speaking skills. The duration of the test is three hours. In these three hours a candidate has to attempt an un-timed introduction. There is always one optional scheduled break of up to ten minutes between the entire process examinations.
What is the test structure?
The examination consists of four sections and is divided into three parts. The sections in PTE examination are Speaking, Writing, Reading and Listening.
Speaking & Writing:
The duration of this part of exam is 77-93 minutes. In Part one, a candidate is tested mainly on Speaking and Writing skills. Under this, the first section contains Personal introduction .The student’s are given an opportunity to give information about themselves. This part of question is not scored. It is just done to provide information to the selected institutions. Part two, contains a number of question types where a student first gets to listen to an audio and then respond into the microphone. The format of question in this section are reading aloud the sentences, repeating of sentences, describing the image, re-telling the lecture, answering short question, summarizing written test and writing an essay.
The duration of this part of exam is 45-57 minutes. A student has to attempt questions like summarize spoken text, multiple choice-choose multiple answers, fill n the blanks, highlight correct summary, multiple choice-choose single answer, select missing word, highlight incorrect words, write from dictation under this section. –
The duration of this part of exam is 32-41 minutes. It comprises of questions like multiple choices-choose single answer, multiple choices-choose multiple answers, Re-order paragraphs, Fill in the blanks, Reading and writing-fill in the blanks
What is the Score System in PTE?
As compared to IELTS, the score in PTE is given as under:
- 4.5 Band 30- 40 Marks
- 5.0 Band 35- 43 Marks
- 5.5 Band 44- 50 Marks
- 6.0 Band 51- 57 Marks
- 6.5 Band 58- 65 Marks
- 7.0 band 66- 72 Marks
- 7.5 Band 73- 79 Marks
- 8.0 Band 80- 83 Marks
- 8.5 Band 84- 86 Marks
- 9.0 Band 86- 90 Marks
What are the important tips for the PTE exam?
- Use correct punctuation for writing tasks: full stops, capital letters, commas etc.
- Answer the question. If the question asks you to write or speak about sport, write or speak on the same topic and do not deviate from it.
- Keep strictly within the word limit given for writing tasks.
- Respond quickly and keep speaking during speaking tasks. The microphone will close after three seconds of silence and stop recording.
- Write entirely in capital letters. Only use capitals when needed: at the beginning of sentences, names etc.
- Click next before you have completed the task and ready to move on.
PTE Coaching @ Kapri
|1.||PTE-Fast track||15 Days|